Thursday 2 September 2010

What the hell is going on!?!

Today on Radio One, a 17 year old girl confessed to not knowing who No Doubt were!!!

I literally couldn't believe it! I will accept that No Doubt haven't released anything for nearly 7 years, but when you consider they've sold over 27 million records worldwide, you have to wonder what the hell she's been doing all her life! What makes me even more angry is that when told that Gwen Stefani's the lead singer, she immediately said "oh I love her".  Oh do you!?! DO YOU REALLY???  It must have been her incredible solo career that made you fall in "love her"!!! With so-called 'hits' like 'Wind It Up' (that included yodeling!) and 'Hollaback Girl', I just don't see how anyone could hear that and like it!  'This shit is bananas', or is just shit?  The only reason people listened to her solo stuff was because she was in No Doubt!!!

How the hell has a teenage girl never heard the female anthems 'Just A Girl' or 'Don't Speak'!!!  She needs to seriously look at herself, her friends and her itunes library!!  I know that I sound extremely pretentious and like a music snob but that's because I am!!!  If you've never heard this song please never read this blog again... its not for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment